Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nightlight and an Old Friend



“Nightlight, bright light,
Sweet dreams I bestow.
Sleep tight, all night.
Forever I will glow”

Some nights, if you listen closely, you can hear a soft melody in the night air. You better know that is  Nightlight, singing his lullaby to keep you warm. And on dark nights, when the clouds are hiding the moon, he will jump over those clouds and sing to comfort his old friend. 

If you follow me on any other social media, the fact that I'm obsessing about The Guardians of Childhood (and Rise of The Guardians too) won't be anything new to you.
I am really ejoying the tenderness that comes from this books, they're like a little treasure, just as the movie was. They bring me joy, and happiness, but also tears and worries. All the characters in these books have their backround, and they all have had to overcome their own problems to be where they're now. But everything they've been and they've become makes me love them. 

If you wanna fill yourself with joy, go see the movie (which actually, came out on DVD yesterday) and read the books! read them! You'll really enjoy yourself, and I know I say I'm crying about their stories a lot, but everything's worth it. 

When I finished the first novel of the series, I had to pick another one for university, but no matter how good that author was, it felt empty and cold, and then I realised how warmed inside I felt by this series, and felt even more in love with them. Even though they're not perfect, there's no need, little treasured memories never are, nor drawings. 

So hope you like this little drawing I did today. It's Nightlight, who first appears in The Man in the Moon, and who I loved immediatelly, and no, he's not safe from sad stories, but his heart is so gentle it could melt the coldest darkness...


ps. Can yo see the smile on the moon??


2 comments:

  1. This is a great picture. His scepter sort of look's like the White Witch's wand. I had never heard of the books, but ever since I saw the trailer for the movie I wanted to see it. And then I saw it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. i think I'll probably read the books some day when I have some free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! Never thought of it but now that you've say so, yeah, they look alike. Maybe William Joyce is an enthusiast of Narnia too??

      It happened the same to me, when I first came across the trailer for the movie I knew I wanted to see it, and I wasn't dissapointed. I left the theatre with a big, big smile!

      Yes :), You should read the books when you've got some free time (also, the picture books too) You might read them in a day or two (even though you can make them last if you want to, I did) and the time you spend on them will be worth it. I hope you'll enjoy them as you did with the movie!
      Every book tells the story of one of the guardians and how they happened to be a guardian, but also, they follow a whole plot line that goes through the books. I did really enjoy myself!

      Delete