Monday, August 26, 2013

Clair de Lune



"All of us under its spell. We know that it's probably magic."
- The Rainbow Connection.


Been working on it this last days, and I think I can happily say that after one year, I've done an illustration that can go under the title Clair de Lune, or what I had in my mind for it (listening to Isao Tomita's version). 

On the other hand, this one has also been inspired by Cascading Slopes, I would like to say by the album, but it's not out yet and due to not being able to go to the shows on NY, I've only got a glimpse of its music. But anyway, I'm already in love with it and it already made me dream of out of this world places, as well as some magical spots like this one up here. 

In a way, I'm happy that it didn't actually turn out the way I sketched it last spring (yeah, been thinking about it for quite a while, sincerely. Wanted it to look like an album's cover art, though I might have failed in that one thing) but this lasts weeks I decided to finally work on it. It was supposed to be at sunset, first, then at dawn, but I just couldn't resist the magic of the forest glowing in the night.

I never thought I love this much drawing backgrounds, forests and trees, but I love it. I love what you can do, I love how nature works, I love how much magic can be found out there! And it really calms me down, it makes me happier every time. 

Somewhere out there I read: "Creative Process: 1) This is going to be awesome 2) This is hard 3) This is terrible 4) I'm terrible 5) Hey, not bad 6) That was awesome", I just thought it was so true, and so close to how I felt during the creation of this piece. So, after some moments of desperation and some others of big joy doing it, and after so many wonderful songs, here it is! Hope you like it! 

Also, here is Clair de Lune from Fantasia, it was such a great help when I was stucked with this drawing!


ps. I'd like to ask you to listen to Clair de Lune (by Isao Tomita) with the drawing, just a little bit! I've got this feeling that it does add much more to it.




2 comments:

  1. you go girl! you are really talented !!! i hope we see more of that!

    ReplyDelete